Practicamos la lectura asidua de job descriptions. Es una ventana a la vida y dolores de las empresas y esta es particularmente reveladora. Derrocha información sobre negocio, producto, cliente y gestión. Así es como quieren hacer las cosas en primera división. Aunque ud. solo tengo una pizca de product o de marketing o de manager o de PMM, seguro que le dice algo.
Product Marketing Manager – AX. Microsoft.
We are seeking a highly experienced, dynamic product marketing manager to run the AX business, a key business for Microsoft. The AX Product Marketing Manager will be a key driver in developing the strategic plan for this diverse and complex market carrying out the appropriate market research, analysis and planning to create the right go-to-market initiatives to enable rapid market expansion and growth.
The Dynamics business is at a pivotal time to deliver business solutions and enterprise services through the cloud and through partners that help customers become Dynamics businesses. We have a broad set of offerings across the business applications market with both a huge market to secure and existing customer base to anchor. Customers have to be more resourceful, pragmatic – but have the confidence to take risks in the face of adversity.
We need to fuel that confidence and de-risk their decision making process throughout small to large businesses. In addition to this, we’re finding Consumerization of IT is affecting the decision making process of Business Decision Makers. They are spending more time on social networks, digital communities and seeking 3rd party assurances – which are leading to a more emotional layer on the informed, advised and relationship-led decisions. We need to get on the front foot.
Businesses are waking up to the reality that it’s no longer possible to stand on the sidelines, ‘good enough’ isn’t good enough and they need to be more leaner, agile and far more customer centric to succeed. We need to do the same.
If you are passionate about marketing and the opportunity to make a big impact working across multiple teams, we are looking for a AX Product Marketing Manager to help lead the AX business.
• Conducts market opportunity and analysis, also understanding partner ecosystem for the product
• Identifies and assesses cross-Business Group marketing strategies and execution areas to drive a “One Microsoft” approach
• Articulates local competitive situation and develops local compete strategies leveraging research, partner insights and customer feedback
• Ambassador and spokesperson for the solution/product internally and externally
• Provides product/solution related content such as customer benefit, messaging, competitive differentiators, scripts/demos, value propositions, storytelling to Business Decision Makers/Business Specialists
• Ensures execution of compete plan to drive market share
• Drives education and execution of product launches
• Understands the partner ecosystem that supports their product and aligns with partner roles (i.e. PSEs and PTAs) for partner capacity and correction of error
• Produces quarterly product performance & health-check reporting in line with the wider business RoB processes
• Provides customer and partner product and commercial feedback to the relevant Regional/Corporate product teams
• Holds product & market optimization reviews with local Leadership team that focus on making recommendations in how to drive improved performance of the product from a commercial and where relevant, technical perspective
Key Discipline Results:
• Marketing Planning: Creates marketing, launch, and sustain plans that deliver business results.
• Business & Monetization: Monitors existing business metrics, and creates monetization strategies and/or revenue models that ensure return on investment.
• Competitive Positioning & Response: Monitors and responds to competitors.
• Product Advocacy: Articulates a product’s value proposition through personal contact with influencers.
• Positioning, Messaging & Storytelling: Articulates a product’s value proposition through messaging and positioning.
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills:
• 5 – 8 years of related experience
• Strong sales & marketing skills: optimizing return on marketing investment
• Knowledge and experience with digital marketing (SEO/SEM/Social Media/E-mail)
• Experience, knowledge and/or understanding of audience, partner or product marketing within a consultative/solution selling model
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
• Ability to persuade and influence others
• Exceptional program, project and time management skills – highly organized, detail focused, results-driven, accountable
• Independent, self-starter who can prioritize and drive deliverables to execution with minimal supervision
• Excellent interpersonal skills to deal professionally with executives and marketing counterparts
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
About this company
AMAZING THINGS HAPPEN HERE!
At Microsoft, we’re about helping customers realize their potential. From gamers to governments, moms to mega-corporations, we serve just about every kind of customer, all over the globe.
Many people think Microsoft = software. We do do software-but we also do hardware, services, research, and more. We work on PC operating systems and applications-like Windows and Windows Live. Products for IT professionals and developers-like Windows Server and Visual Studio. Online services such as Bing and MSN. Business solutions like Office and Exchange. And devices like Xbox, keyboards, webcams, and mice. We’re passionate about what we do.
What this means if you come to work here is opportunity-to do things that make a real difference in millions, even billions, of lives. To reach your potential. So why not take a closer look at Microsoft? We think you’ll find that amazing things really do happen here.
Este post ha sido provocado por un tuit de @ejoana: “Está en vuestras manos seguir aprendiendo” “Amar vuestro trabajo” “No dejéis nunca de perseguir vuestro sueño”. La foto es de Benoit Malta, creador de la silla Inactivité