Head of Digital Development – Lloyds Banking Group
Digital is the new reality in banking. It is already a primary channel for servicing transactions and is increasingly important for understanding and meeting customer needs. Lloyds Banking Group is committed to be the best digital bank for consumers and businesses in the UK, and is already a leader with over 10 million active digital retail customers, 4 million of whom regularly use mobile banking.
Lloyds Banking Group is one of the first banks globally where Digital is represented at the Group Executive Committee. We have invested heavily over the last 5-years to ensure our digital infrastructure is fit for purpose, and have created a Digital Hub housing a vibrant, diverse, digital-first work environment for all Digital colleagues. We are now stepping up our ambition to build better solutions for customers, and to support our colleagues across the Group use new technologies to drive better experiences for customers.
There is a newly formed Digital exec drawing from across LBG business and functions, senior roles in leading financial institutions, top-tier consulting firms, and payments attackers. We are now looking for a dynamic, analytically-savvy, strategic-thinker who is excited about digital and shaping the next phase of the bank’s digital journey.
This role will support the Director of Digital Development and Market Insights as one of the leaders driving the articulation and delivery of the Group Digital vision and plan to shape the Digital agenda across Retail, Insurance, Consumer Finance and Commercial businesses. In addition, you will be responsible for identifying, shaping and building core digital capabilities necessary for Lloyds Banking Group to meet its digital ambition.
This role will report to the Director of Digital Development and Market Insights.
You will be responsible for:
· Supporting the Group Digital executive committee shape the world-class digital future for the bank, identifying new growth/value opportunities, and creating and maintaining the Group Digital development agenda and operational plan
· Developing recommendations for how to build upon Group Digital’s current capabilities and assets to accelerate its journey, and to create a magnet for digital talent. Where new capabilities are required, being accountable for establishing and nurturing these within Group Digital.
· Collaborating with and influencing senior Retail, Consumer Finance, Insurance and Commercial colleagues to deliver integrated commercial and digital delivery plans for the businesses, and similarly with the business support functions.
· Leading and overseeing the production of fact-based reports and presentations to support Group Digital senior executives with updates to the Group Executive Committee and other senior governance forums in the Group
· Representing Group Digital in key Group-wide projects and reviews which require significant digital input
· Acting as an internal “partner” across Group Digital to develop new business ideas or opportunities, building strong working relationships with Group Digital senior executives, and executives across the Group.
· Attracting, managing and leading senior colleagues
The Head of Digital Development should possess;
· Extensive experience in providing thought leadership, and driving a complex change agenda, and an ability to challenge the “status quo”
· Excellent strategic and operational business awareness, with an deep understanding of the key drivers, levers, issues and constraints of Digital businesses
· MBA from a major business school, or experience with a major consulting firm including project management experience
· Recognised as an expert in the field of developing and facilitating the delivery of business development plans, propositions and market insights, ideally within a digital environment
· Strong financial modelling skills; highly numerate.
· Effective written and oral communication and influencing skills with an ability to communicate effectively ideas and concepts as well as technical material
· Experience of liaising with Executive level stakeholders and multiple business units, able to engage and inspire at all levels, effectively communicating vision, direction and ideas
· Knowledge of risk management and control appropriate to a financial services environment
· Passion for and an understanding of digital
· Understanding of and ideally experience in financial services
· Track record of interacting with and influencing executives
· Ability to take a lead, show initiative and operate without detailed oversight