Senior Director, Global Digital Strategy and Business Development – Music – New York
With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, the company is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry , one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
· The Music Group (MG) Digital Strategy and Business Development group is responsible for the company’s global digital music strategy and business development activity including its strategic initiatives in wireless, e-commerce, Internet, electronic music distribution and new music formats.
· The group evaluates alternate business models for the emerging digital entertainment marketplace and for selects models and strategies that provide a competitive advantage in this sector.
· The group develops plans and concepts to ensure that there is a thoughtful migration to digital entertainment from traditional products to maximize revenue.
Senior Director Global Digital Strategy & Business Development
· Originate, evaluate, negotiate and structure deals and potential strategic alliances that advance MG’s global digital strategy
· Manage interdisciplinary task teams to evaluate deals, e.g. various consultants, internal teams, MG record labels and in-house/outside counsel
· Present opportunities/outcomes/recommendations to senior management
Relationship Management and Business Implementation
· Work closely with Senior Vice President and BD team to maintain significant and complex strategic relationships with global partners in relation to digital platforms
· Work closely and cross functionally on strategic planning initiatives and deal execution deployment plans with Business Units, Finance and Sales and Distribution
Strategic Planning and Special Projects
· Assess and evaluate marketplace conditions, competitive strategies and user data to both anticipate market dynamics and proactively recommend strategies that support business objectives
· Provide thought leadership on new initiatives, business cases and projects that relate to music’s global strategic planning and business development activities
· An excellent communicator, who can distill complex ideas into simple structures and explanations
· Someone with a vision for the future of digital
· A creative problem solver
· An experienced negotiator
· A team player who is both highly consultative and decisive
· Preferably, a passionate music fan
· 5+ years of digital media licensing, with experience on the side of a service or primary rightsholder, service provider, or related technology company
· MBA preferred